The recipient of a Websafe message might encounter an error message when trying to sign in:
You might encounter this issue if the recipient:
- uses the Continuity Service or
- has already a hosted email account with EveryCloud
The customer will encounter the following:
- The recipient receives a Websafe message
- The recipient receives a PIN
- The recipient enters the PIN
- The recipient logs in to read the message
- The recipient will receive the error message mentioned above.
For EveryCloud, a requirement for Websafe is to set up a temporary email account for the recipient, which is used to safely read the message. If the recipient is already a mailbox user with EveryCloud or uses the Continuity Service, then the address already exists as an email account and thus will cause an error creating the account.
EveryCloud are working towards improving the error message, to make the issue more obvious for the recipient. The final resolution would be to switch to a different encryption method (e.g. S/MIME, PGPT, etc.) for that recipient.
If you can’t clearly determine whether or not the error is related to the above mentioned behaviour, then please get in touch with our customer support.